The Grante juice is produced in Azerbaijan by AZNAR factory of the best kinds of Geokchay pomegranate. Key difference of the AZNAR production of any other similar facility is the absolute priority of preservation of physiologically active substances, nutritious and organoleptic properties of pomegranate juice, in strict compliance with sanitary and hygienic requirements and using carefully selected feedstock.
Here are some facts confirming the highest quality of AZNAR products:
- The factory accepts for processing only intact, fresh, undamaged fruits of special kinds of Geokchay pomegranate which is manually sorted on a conveyor;
- The processing equipment of the factory is made of stainless steel of Alsl 304 grade, and those parts being in direct contact with the juice – of Alsl 316;
- The juice is extracted in light mode on pneumatic diaphragm presses (applying soft pressure to grains) instead of expellers (screw presses) used in other factories;
- Thanks to a closed processing scheme with minimal contact with air, no oxidation process is possible;
- The product undergoes only light thermal action using pasteurizers (max. 100°C), including tunnel one, instead of sterilizers (over 100°C);
- An ultrafiltration unit is used for filtration, instead of plate or precoat filters used everywhere;
- After pasteurization, the fresh juice is stored in aseptic containers of stainless steel, 50 m3 each (3750 tons overall capacity), unlike any other similar factory where various preservatives are used for juice storage in standard containers.
An important system of AZNAR factory’s quality system is its factory laboratory where complex chemical, technical and bacteriological production control is conducted. The laboratory is equipped with the most modern equipment and consists of three main departments:
- Tasting department (for the control of the products’ organoleptic properties);
- Chemical department (for chemical analysis, tests and control);
- Microbiological department with a sowing chamber and a thermostatic exposure.
The factory laboratory was accredited in 2006 based on a republican system of accreditation (standards) harmonized with the principles applied in CIS countries.